Department Information

Building Department
Ext 108

609-567-4300 Option 6

Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm

Personnel and Extension Numbers

Anthony (AJ) Berenato
Ext. 169
Fire Sub-Code Official
Construction Official

Mark Rogers
Ext. 109
Rental Inspections & Property Maintenance & Zoning Officer

Frank Sacco
Ext. 168
Code Enforcement Officer

Kim Maclane
Ext. 108
Technical Assistant
(call to schedule inspection appointments)

Shelly DiChurch
Ext. 110
Joint Land Use Board Secretary

Richard Falasco
Ext. 268
Plumbing Inspector

Edwin Negroni
Ext. 168
Electrical Inspector

Michael Ruberton
Ext. 111
Bureau of Fire Prevention


Please call 609-567-4300 ext.108 at least 24-36 hours in advance to schedule inspections. Inspections can not be performed the same day it is called in. Please allow for timely scheduling of inspections.

Final inspections must be scheduled and passed prior to use or occupancy. Failure to do so may result in a fine.


Permits are required and is a mandatory safety requirement for all construction work including the following:

  • fences require a zoning permit, unless it is around a pool, then a building permit is required.
  • any storage building (including sheds over 200 square feet and pole barns), sheds 200 square feet or less require only a zoning permit
  • signs less than 25 square feet require a zoning permit, more than 25 square feet require a building permit
  • back flow preventer for lawn sprinkler system, decks, swimming pools (above ground and in ground), tank removal or abandonment or installation, heaters
  • demolitions


Tree Inquiries

In addition to construction permit applications, additional requirements of the Environmental Commission have been added. You may obtain appropriate applications from the Construction office for new developments or houses or from the Town Clerk’s office for existing properties. Environmental Commission only reviews requests for trees.

Property Maintenance

Property Maintenance Enforcement is currently being handled by the Construction Office 609-567-4300 ext.109. The Business Registration process is handled by the Town Clerk’s office.

Certificate of Occupancy

A dwelling, addition or structure may not be occupied without final inspection or CO being issued. Also, any appliances or equipment installed may not be utilized without final inspection. Again, this is a safety issue intended for the homeowner’s protection. Failure to call for inspections may result in a fine.

Certificate of Continued Occupancy

Any time property is sold, rented or leased commercially or transferred, an application must be made for a certificate of continued occupancy (CCO) and an inspection for same is required. Please call for information on fees.

You are required to apply for CCO 30 days prior to sale or rental of any structure(House, Condo, Commercial property, townhouse, etc) A CCO is no longer necessary for residential rental properties due to the new Rental Registration.

Rental Registration

An application must be filed with the Property Maintenance Officer for all residential rental units. This must be filed annually. Such units will also be inspected on an annual basis. For further information, contact 609-567-4300 ext. 109